Monday, April 22, 2013

an outfit and some news

hey, remember me?  yeah, neither do i.  it's been a busy few months; therefore, my blogs have been put on the backburner.  i don't know how much i'll be posting, but i'll try to pick it up a bit.  {let's be honest, anything more than a post every 3 months would be monumental for me. ;)}

6th grade has been absolutely wonderful and exhausting.  i've enjoyed every moment of this year.  don't get me wrong, 6th graders can be stinkers, but, man alive, i love them.  i look forward to every day with them.  like i've mentioned a thousand times before, i am completely smitten with my students.  they have stolen my heart.  i just wish i could freeze this moment and my feelings.

as much as i've loved teaching this year, at the beginning of january, the little voice inside of me kept telling me to apply for a certain graduate program.  so, on a whim, i applied.  and the craziest thing happened, i got accepted.  i'm still in shock over it, and it's been over a month since i received the acceptance letter.  so, starting this fall, i am going to be a student at columbia university's teachers college.  nyc, here i come!  i am so excited to go, and i'm feeling very blessed as well.  but, i am sad to be leaving my school and kiddos.

anyway, that's my life update. :)

blouse: soel boutique (apr. 2013--finally used a 6 month old gift card!!)
skirt: antho aine (nov. 2011)
shoes: steve madden wylie (aug. 2012)

3 comments:

M @ Apples and Pencil Skirts said...

Congratulations! I am very excited for you and I understand your thoughts completely. I have been teaching for a long time too, and on a whim I also applied for a grad school program in January and I was accepted too! I'll be leaving my teaching job and relocating as well. I hope you enjoy your last few weeks with the kids and I hope you keep posting!

Redfingerpaint said...

Oh, good for you! That's wonderful news!!! I've been following your blog for a long, long time... Enjoy my hometown!

Miss Johnson said...

@m
small world!!! congratulations to you as well!! i'd love to know what type of program you'll be doing, but i also understand not wanting to spill all your life details online. :) good luck with end of year testing and the last little bit of school!!!

@redfingerpaint
i'm sure you're full of nyc recommendations and tips! you should share some of your favorites! and thanks for following, you're way to nice!!!