Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Break!!

I hope y'all have a wonderful holiday!  I'm flying home in a couple of hours...yay!

Here's my November classroom.
 I have 28 students, but with them being pulled out and absent, I don't always get work from everyone.
 After 5 years of teaching, I finally made a how-to-use-the-listening-center sheet.  It has made all the difference.


 My students earn table/row points.  In November at the end of each week or day (depending on how I'm feeling), the row that has the most chooses a feather.  Each feather has a different reward: sit by a friend during DEAR, get a cold drink in the hallway, get a cougar cub track, etc.
 Like I bet a lot of you, my students make a turkey in disguise.  The paper attached is their letter to Farmer Brown (we read Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type) persuading him not to eat them for his Thanksgiving feast.  My friend Danielle's are so cute; hers may be a homework assignment.
{P.S. I'm grateful for naps as well.  I wish I got to take more of them.  Funny 3rd graders.}

Our pumpkin information and similes.  (Idea from Cara at The First Grade Parade.  She's darling.)


 Our Veterans' Day art and thank you letters.  (Idea from Abby at The Inspired Apple.  She's so creative.)
 A mom sent these in for our Thanksgiving treat.  Too cute.
Hope y'all have a terrific turkey day/weekend!!

1 comment:

danielle said...

your classroom is looking a billion times better than mine! thanks for the inspiration! i need to get to work.....
:)