Monday, September 12, 2011

september 9

top: Anthro Amplified Stripes (September 2011)
jeans: Anthro AG jeggings (August 2010)
shoes: Urban Outfitters (August 2009)

Friday morning, we had a flag raising ceremony in honor of September 11th (Patriot Day).  I absolutely loved it.  The whole school, 1st-6th (minus K), gathered around the flag pole; mind you, there are approximately 700 students at my school.  We said the pledge, sang "The Star-Spangled Banner", and then closed by singing "God Bless the USA."  It was such a great ceremony.  There's nothing like having a patriotic moment with 700 other people.  The kids were surprisingly good as well.  It was very sweet and touching.  I would strongly encourage doing something like this this week for either September 11th or Constitution Day (being observed on Friday because we don't have school on Saturday).  I love America!  I'm so blessed to live in such a fabulous country!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

I can't believe we didn't do anything like that! I tell ya, if you want something done... I'm glad you had a positive experience with the kids.