Thursday, July 14, 2011

roundabout

These photos relate to school is some roundabout way.

To say I love and enjoy Harry Potter is an understatement. I reread book 7 this past weekend/week. I can hardly wait to see the last movie this weekend. Anyway, I want to print this off poster size and put it up in my classroom.
So true. Dumbledore is the best.

Like I said yesterday, I took a district class this week. It's been at an elementary school in my district. This is the view from the playground. Aren't the mountains beautiful?

My coworker was in a terrible crash 2 years ago this fall. She got in a dirt bike accident that shattered her knee, and she had to stay in wilderness overnight while her husband got help. Last week, she had surgery to remove all the hardware in her knee. She was using crutches, but then the principal of the school got out the Jazzy for her. We laughed for a good 5 minutes and throughout the day as she tried to maneuver it.

I need to do something like this with my students if they get sent out. I would add "Why I was doing it:". I would keep these and put them in the students' files.

My tee shirt drawer. My shirts are folded, even if they don't look it. Do you think I like stripes?

At the end of reading Charlotte's Web as a class shared reading, I have my students write about who the Charlotte is in their lives. Someone never claimed theirs, and I found it in a pile of papers last week. I thought it was pretty cute. Especially the dad sentence.
I LOVE Charlotte's Web. I cry each time I read it. I think it is one of the sweetest and best books.

2 comments:

Tulip and Turnip said...

I'm a third grade teacher too, and I really enjoy reading your blog! Two things: First, I've had that Harry Potter quote hanging in my classroom for 10 years! Ever since I read the first book. But it's a poster I made myself...I think I need to upgrade to the new one you posted!

Second, my daughter is named Charlotte after Charlotte's Web, the first book I ever remember loving. I thought you might like to see this post about it. :)

http://tulipandturnip.blogspot.com/2010/10/custom-art-for-charlotte.html

Teacher said...

Thank you so much for sharing! Glad to know that someone else shares the same affinity for Harry Potter AND Charlotte's web. One day when I'm married and have a little girl, I want to name her Charlotte as well. Oh man, the part that gets me is when Charlotte dies all by herself at the fair. Wow! What a great friend! I want to try that web art with my students. Thanks again!